These colorful granny square coasters are the perfect resting place for teacups during a yarn party
. I love the mix of neutrals and bright colors! This project is also great for beginners who want to pick up a hook and give crochet a try. Your guests will stitch together a stack of coasters, or squares for a blanket, in no time! Print out these "Handmade By..." tags
and attach to your finished creations!
- Acrylic/worsted weight yarn in a variety of colors
- Size H8/5.00 mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
1. Create a magic loop by looping the first yarn color around your finger three times.
2. Pull the active yarn under the two loops on your finger.
3. Chain 3.
4. (3 dc in the circle, ch 1) Repeat three times.
5. Join with a slip stitch. Bind off. Weave in ends.
6. Join the second color in one of the corners.
7. Dc three times in the corner, ch 1, dc in the same corner, ch 1, repeat around.
8. Dc three times in the corner, ch 1, dc in the same corner, ch 1, dc three times in the next ch 1 space, repeat around.
9. Bind off. Weave in the ends.
10. Take the first color again and single crochet in each space around the edge.
11. Continue crocheting in all dc spaces and ch spaces.
12. Bind off and weave in ends.
I hope you enjoyed the projects from the Emma Magazine Yarn Party! I had the best time working on this project. I can't wait to do something like this again soon!
It is cloudy and rainy this afternoon so these colorful yarn party photos are lifting my spirits. Oh, and I am counting down the hours until I get to see The Great Gatsby tomorrow. I don't care that it is May, I will wear my Gatsby sweatshirt. Haha. Movie theaters are notoriously chilly, right?